Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yum! Day One!

All the food today was freaking delicious.


Breakfast
Omelet with Mushrooms, Thyme, and Caramelized Onions   I made an Omlette!  Did you see the picture?  It was pretty amazing.  It was very rich but kept me full until around 2:15 (shopping took longer than expected).

1 slice of whole grain toast

Lunch
Avocado Tartine  Who would have thought?  Mashed avocado, lime juice, chile, and salt. On toast.  Yum!  My husband had to have something with it as he wasn't going to go near something called "crudites", but it lasted me until smoothie time.
Winter Vegetable Crudités  They're vegetables.  I had only ever had belgian endive as a little holder for some cream cheese based seafood appetizer.  Needless to say, this is not as good as that.
Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette  Better than I thought it would be.  I enjoyed it more with my evening salad.

Midday Snack
Vanilla-Date Smoothie  Holy crap this was delicious!

Dinner
Green Salad with Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette
The Ultimate Winter Couscous.    This was a bit time consuming, but rather tasty. I had no clue what harissa was, so I googled it and ended up throwing garlic, adobo sauce, and coriander together.  Then I thought preserved lemon sounded expensive so I used lemon zest.   Regardless it was really yummy .  I'm going to rock it tomorrow for lunch.



I was never hungry today, all these dishes are nice and filling.  I am noticing that I'm already missing non-tea drinks.  I really wanted a ginger ale.  Also, I usually put a nice helping of Parmesan on my salads.  Frownie face.But I'm looking forward to tomorrow!  Menu to come in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment