Thursday, January 13, 2011

Preparing for School!

It's still two weeks away but I'm basically freaking out.  I have done zero work on my thesis.  I'm not able to just work on it when I have time- I seem to need an entire day.  Just like tomorrow- I'm supposed to spend the entire day working but I've also got other crap to do- dress alterarations, costco, cleaning.  I'm never worried about getting my thesis finished, but I just wish I was farther along.

After a short work day I was happy to have enough time to eat lunch and make a grocery list before running off to physical therapy.  Being the second day of my period, I did not have the energy to do the exercises.  I started with the medium resistance barbells and quickly changed to the light resistance ones.  While my lower back pain and cramps were less bad than last night my body just refused to exert itself a ton.  I spent a good 20 minutes in the hot tub as a result.  Then Don "helped" my arms with a bit of torture.  Good fun.
I'm kinda rocking my diet today- only 1400 calories in-- and that's with two drinks so far!  Hey... it was a long day... no judging in blogger land.

Breakfast
Oatmeal with Almond Milk, Walnuts, Maple Syrup, and Blueberries
Fuji Apple
Lunch
Leftover Curried Lentil Soup
Roasted Brocolli and Cauliflower
Snackie
Hummus and Wasa Crisps
Dinner
White Bean and Kale Soup      This was a bit blah.  Kevin put Rooster Sauce in his.
Salad with Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette

My post is about preparing, but I haven't mentioned much about that yet.  Typically ADD Kara.  To begin, I'm hoping to work on prepping veggies on a Sunday to use during the week.  I already rock my menu planning, so I should know how many veggies I'll need.  Kevin already ordered some extra Tupperware off of the interweb for this and other purposes (mostly so he wouldn't have to do dishes as often, I'm sure).
Next, I bought a ton of meat at the store to have plenty of options for dinner.  When meat is on sale you really should stock up.  Nothing makes meal planning more difficult than starting completely from scratch.  I bought ground beef, a whole chicken, chicken legs, and a pot roast to cook tomorrow (nom).  I asked Kevin about what to make with the chicken legs for Sunday night dinner.  His response?  The ever-delicious maple-cayenne glazed chicken.  I'm thinking with mashed sweet taters.  Yes, please.
 I'm also planning on making a big batch of meat sauce this weekend to freeze for super busy weeknights.  (Remember to go a large sauce to pasta ratio.)  I always make a ton of meat sauce for Mama and Papa when I'm in town and it makes me drool.  I'm looking forward to it.
I just hope I'm as productive tomorrow as I was today.  I'm running off to campus to pay for books, a parking pass, and to pick up my stipend check.  I should be able to squeeze some actual work in there if I don't get distracted by facebook or blogging.  It could happen.  Right?
                                
Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment