Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 3- Meh... Am I losing steam?

I feel like I'm losing energy for this cleanse.  Maybe it was because all the food today was kinda "Meh".  I miss coffee.  And cheese.  Also, I had a glass of wine with dinner.  It was a nice meal, I wanted a glass of pinot grigio to go with it.  And, I'm allowed to have up to four glasses per week, so I think I'm fine.


Breakfast
Warm and Nutty Quinoa (Leftovers)
One Sliced Apple


Lunch
Leftover Black-eyed Pea Curry
Spinach Salad with Apples, Sunflowers, and Vinaigrette   This was possibly the best part of my day.  I really love the citrus-shallot vinaigrette.

Mid-Afternoon Snack
Edamame "Hummus" with Veggies and Rye Crisps   I'm not sure why, but the hummus just really didn't do it for me.  Maybe it was too much sesame oil.  I dunno.  And those rye crisps remind me of eating hardtack back in our colonies unit.  


Dinner
Wasabi Marinated Tuna  This was yummy but I made it up.  Not on the cleanse.  That's right.  But it was healthy, so I think it would be cleanse-approved.
Miso Soup      This was tasty, but it's hard to mess up miso soup. 
Steamed Bok Choy     This actually turned into a quick veggie stir fry. Still healthy, right?

Dessert
Oven-roasted Pears with Sliced Almonds     Yum.  You baste the pears with some maple syrup.  Nom.



Oh, and I went to the gym for a whole fifteen minutes.  My knees started hurting.  So, I'm off to stretch.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment