Sunday, January 2, 2011

Food-Lover's Cleanse (Day 1) Menu

I almost started this cleanse off poorly when I asked my sweet husband to bring me a cup of coffee.  Whoops!  Instead I had some hot jasmine tea with a nice big squirt of lemon in it.  Something about boosting the digestive system... I dunno. Anyway, on to the menu for today!

Breakfast
Omelet with Mushrooms, Thyme, and Caramelized Onions
Can you believe this was the second omelet I've made in my life? Pretty amazing.
1 slice of whole grain toast

Lunch
Avocado Tartine
Winter Vegetable Crudités
Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette

Midday Snack
Vanilla-Date Smoothie

Dinner
Green Salad with Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette
The Ultimate Winter Couscous.

The thing I'm most curious about is whether or not I will actually lose weight on this cleanse.  I've calculated a couple days of the calories and they are usually around 1700.  So here it is:

Current weight:  151.6
That's right, I count the decimal point.  At least I don't always round down.

No formal exercise for the day (I woke up achy) but I am wearing my ShapeUps to the mall.  Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment