Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kara's new diet- Day 1

This cleanse has been really great, the scale says I'm down another half pound this morning.  I'm really shocked.  It seems ridiculous that I've lost that much weight but I do feel really fantastic. I'm going to continue it for the next week but without following it exactly.  It's been pretty expensive to stick to it completely.  I'll keep not drinking a ton of coffee or alcohol.  I think I'll continue some of the recipes I liked more- like the omelet and the salmon dishes.  I think it will be good and a bit less stressful.
 Also, Kevin and I want a date night tonight.  We're going to try out Pita Pita- I'm hoping to stick to a low dairy diet with a small amount of complex carbs.  I think that place will help me stay on track.  I suggested getting sashimi and miso soup but we seem to always turn to sushi for our date nights (not that there's anything wrong with that).  Then the greatest challenge of all: We're going to a movie.  I love movie theater popcorn. Delicious, carby, buttery, popcorn. Nom.


So, today here's the menu I'm going with:


Breakfast
1/2 Cup Yogurt with Toasted Pecans, Flax Seed, 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, and Blackberries  (From the cleanse.)
Lunch
Leftover Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli 
Tuna on Rye Crackers

Apple
Mid-Afternoon Snack
Almond-Banana Smoothie (No Yogurt)  This was supposed to be Tuscan Kale Chips which sounded gross.

Dinner
Pita Pita.  I'll probably get something with lamb.  If their pitas are whole wheat I'll get a sammich, if not I'll stick to a platter.  The dinner tonight was supposed to be Salmon-Lime Cakes and Curried Lentil Soup.  That will be dinner tomorrow night.


Evening Snack
2-3 Dried Figs, Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment