Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 5- Hey! I like beets!



Well, let me be clear: I don't LIKE beets. Bad title.  However, I don't mind them and that's not a great title.  Not that I'm doing Shakespeare or anything.  I actually think I would like them a bit better whole instead of pureed.  
I had my first PT appointment of the new year.  Due to this my life was a little crazy today.  I'm posting my actual menu below.


Breakfast
2-4 rye crisp crackers topped with smoked salmon and yogurt mixed with red onions and chives    What's not to like about anything involving smoked salmon?
Tangerines

Post-PT  Snack
Vanilla-Date Smoothie   Again, delicious.



Lunch
Leftover Endives, Apples, and Grapes   Like I said, I'm done with endives.  I tried.  I will continue to eat them if they are involved with seafood in some way.
Leftover Sweet Potatoes   These didn't warm up well.

I was supposed to have a salad but I didn't have time.  I finally ate lunch at around 3.

Dinner
Five-Spice Beet Soup     Not bad.... Eating it again tomorrow for lunch.  Kevin wouldn't touch it.  
Seared Steak     I was bad.  It was supposed to be hanger steak- I did NY strips.  
Warm Spinach Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette.  This just added Dijon mustard to the citrus-shallot vinaigrette.  Yum 

Evening Snack
2-3 Dried Figs and a Handful of Pistachios... I may have some dark chocolate instead/also.  I'm low on calories today and I didn't have chocolate with my yogurt today.  



Also, I'm drinking tonic water with a lime wedge.  It's my faux gin and tonic.  It's not too bad.  I'm surprised I didn't think of this back in my low carb days.

No comments:

Post a Comment