Monday, January 10, 2011

Lesson learned: Never complain about boredom at work...

...Because the second you leave the office for scheduled home visits you will be called by a panicking co-worker, telling that there is a gas leak at the shelter home and we need to find a place for all the kids to stay tonight.
The issue ended up being resolved before anyone had to be moved, but there was definitely an "oh shit" moment in there.  So, I'm never complaining about being bored at work again.  I'll do what I did today- clean off my desk, remove old notes from the ol' yellow legal pads, update my calender, and do some filing- but this time I will keep my mouth SHUT!
I was bad this morning.  I didn't have to go into work right away thanks to some late-day home visits. This meant that I gave myself an extra half hour of sleep, plus a couple snoozes. Then, I kinda just meandered around my house while getting ready. Cup of tea here, a snuggle with the puppy there.  And no yoga.  I feel quite guilty about it.  But, I have physical therapy tomorrow and I'm looking forward to burning off some calories.
My menu today was as follows:
Breakfast
Leftover Sweet Potato Hash
Kefir
Lunch
Leftover curried Lentil Soup (Even better today!)
Salad with one of the leftover Salmon Cakes
Snack
2 Trail Mix Cookies
Dinner
Sauteed Mushrooms
Seared Salmon over Greens with Toasted Pecans, Pomegranate Seeds, and Balsamic Vinaigrette (see picture)
Dinner was very tasty- I was pleased. The original plan was to have the salmon over an avocado and grapefruit salad but the dressing didn't look very "Kevin-friendly".  Also, no grapefruit.  Shit happens.
I'm thinking either a truffle with tea tonight or one cookie with some tea, I'll have to do my calorie counting.
Time to go relax- I have an early day tomorrow with PT starting at 8.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment