Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 2- Lots of work!

I made it through my first day back at my internship without straying from my cleanse!  I'm super proud of myself... especially since there's that damn candy dish right near my desk.


Breakfast
Warm and Nutty Quinoa   Pretty delicious, made with almond milk instead of the dairy.  However, quinoa is quinoa, no matter what yummy stuff you put in it.  It's no mother-in-law's monkey bread, that's for damn sure.  Recipe here (clickey).
Kefir      I bought it from TJ's for some reason, so it was unflavored.  Meh.

Lunch
Leftover Winter Couscous
Crudités with Citrus-Shallot Vinaigrette
Mid-Afternoon Snack
1/2 cup Yogurt       I'm not a big yogurt person, but I ate it.  I went to TJ's after work and got a different brand with half the sugar and 50 fewer calories.
Tangerine
1 ounce Dark Chocolate

Dinner
Salmon with Mustard Sauce   I couldn't find mustard seeds anywhere!  I skipped that part but it was still quite tasty.  I think this one is a keeper.  Recipe here (clickey).
Black-eyed Pea Curry    The curry was delicious, not too sure about black-eyed peas, though.  I think in the future I'll just use a jarred curry- that's basically what it smelled and tasted like.  I think cleanses frown upon things in jars, though.
Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash 
Over all, this was a pretty yummy day!  I came home from work and did 30 minutes of yoga.  It was nice.  I'm around 800 calories or so under for the day.  Yay!

Menu for tomorrow posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment