Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new boulder, The Count, and cardboard boxes

So, I believe I mentioned before that I went to see a certain dermatologist.  What I didn't mention in that post was that I did end up getting moles removed.  Six.  Six moles.

Ha ha ha.
Part of the reason I was really not a cheerleader for these removals was that I have a terrible time with healing, infections, and scarring.  I have a scar on my right arm from a mole removal when I was a kiddo.  They assured me that there would be little chance of scarring with these shave biopsies* and, so long as I kept the spots clean and such, very little chance of infection.

(Insert some Murphy's Law here.)

For starters... a couple of them are infected.  Shocking, I know.  But, Mr. Dermatologist is the doctor, after all.  He said it would be fine.  MD.  Plus, I've had my hubby helping me with all the upkeep.  He's a great guy.. I'm going to keep him.  Mr. Dermatologist, on the other hand...
.......Sigh.....
Then, I got a call at 8:30 this morning, on my way to work.  Two of the biopsied moles came back as "abnormal".  BTW, I prefer the term "freak", but whatevs.  Now I have to have punch biopsies* done to remove a larger, deeper section of my meat.  Then, I get stitches!  That means:

  • Larger chance of scars.
  • No water therapy until I get the stitches out.
  • Stopping what healing has taken place to make bigger holes.
  • I get to figure out how to go about my life with stitches on my back... sounds unpleasant.
If you can't tell... I'm not jazzed.  After these procedures are finished I'm going to give a co-worker's dermatologist a try.  I'd prefer for my dermatologist to respect my concerns in the future, maybe I could have been spared some pain.  
That being said, we'll see what abnormal means.  I believe the general point that the person I spoke with was trying to make is that the two moles are possibly pre-cancerous.  

In the meanwhile, kiddos... here's what I need for you to do:

(Source)


I was bad when I was in middle school- very little sunscreen.  I was, after all, immortal.  Lupus changed all that and I adjusted as quickly as I could (that's me in the box up there)... but sometimes it's not enough.

No questions tonight... just SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN!




*These links are to icky videos.  Because I'm mean like that and feeling snarky tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment