Sunday, July 17, 2011

Laundry day!


Some people enjoy laundry day (Spartacus). I am not one of those people.
I came about doing the laundry after it became clear scrubbing the dishes caused the arthritis in my hands to become bitchy...therefore making me bitchy. It was a slippery slope, especially since I had much more important things to do with my hands. Like research papers. My thesis. Blogging. Anywho, laundry day isn't really a price of cake either. Luckily, I married a man who is lazier than I an on my worst lupus flare, so he's pretty okay with digging a shirt out of a very full basket of clean laundry. He's also great about lifting the hamper and baskets for me. Not long after those picture was taken this morning Kevin picked up the basket for me-dog and all-and moved it to the bedroom for me. It was pretty comical.
So, tips for the day:

  • Divide up chores with your weak areas in mind. If you have tiny humans, enlist then to help. I've been meaning to get me some of those...
  • Marry a great guy or gal who helps out when needed.
    • But, the trick is you have to be appreciative of when they offer to help without becoming that person who expects it, then becomes all passive aggressive when help isn't offered.  I think we've all been there...
  • Make sure that guy or gal is much lazier than you.  Somehow, this makes you a much more easy-going person and they won't raise an eyebrow when your dirty socks are hanging out in front of the couch.
  • And finally.... Take a hint from your fur baby and take naps in the warm laundry.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment