Thursday, September 2, 2010

Going on the offensive!

Mostly I'm just attempting to figure out how to make these first weeks of school and internship work.  It's not like I'm going on the offensive against Mr. Cyst.  I'd love to do that, but I don't think that's an option. 
I went to campus yesterday to do some research and go to a couple meetings.  In between the idiots in the parking garage, walking all over campus, and dealing with just two items on my to-do list I was exhausted by two o'clock.  The walk back to my car with my backpack was brutal- my lower back was killing me and my ovary was causing me to hunch over like an old lady.  The drive home was worse- my heavy eyelids were causing very real thoughts of dying in a fiery car crash to pop into my head.  Did I mention that I only took ibuprofen that morning?
I came home, popped a vicodin, and immediately passed out for a three hour nap with Spartacus.  Did I mention one of the BEST things about my dog?  Even if he's been napping all day it seems like he'll gladly join you on the bed for another round of Z's.  It's awesome. 
Then in the evening I decided to forgo pain killers at bed time for a couple glasses of wine.  Not a super great idea.  I could barely fall asleep and when I did I awoke often.
So, as far as going on the offensive I'm not doing too well today.  I'm already exhausted.  The only walking I have to do is at the grocery store.  Then I'll come back home and work on my Human Subjects application for my thesis. 
I'm also going to put in a call to my doc to see when I should start exercising again.  It seems my pain is going to stay awhile and I'm wondering if I could go for a bike ride and just ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment