Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's For Dinner: Cleanse Part Two

Hi everyone!  I'm pretty shocked at how infrequently I post considering that whole lack-of-a-job thing.  But, I'm here, and I'm prepared to be honest in regards to how I'm doing on my "cleanse".

All the meals last week were pretty delicious.  I've decided that baby bok choy is one of my favorite new veggies (probably to my husband's dismay).  I have five of those cute little cabbages in my crisper.  The cider-glazed chicken breasts were delicious, as was the apple-fennel salad.  I had never had raw fennel before and was surprised at how well it went with the shallot-y dressing and the granny smith apple.  The pumpkin-shrimp curry was the star of last week's menus.  Previously, I had just dumped the can of pumpkin in and expected it to be magical.  This recipe had us cook the pumpkin for awhile with the onions.  Add in the coconut milk and it was a decadent experience.  We happily ate the leftovers.

Limiting my drinking to none-or-one was pretty good until Friday.  I had a stressful day and we decided to have a date night to unwind.  We had sushi (not inherently evil, but the white rice and some of the obviously mayo-based sauces made me feel guilty) and I enjoyed some sake.  I'm sure I was well over my one drink.  But, I did skip the delicious popcorn drenched in "butter".  Last night was just one of those situations where you find that one glass of white wine turns into two... turns into what I thought would be emptying the bottle for a half glass... it wasn't.  C'est la vie, right? Back on track...

My morning meals (I usually do two, one small bite before the gym, a bigger one after) usually revolved around hardboiled eggs (so easy!), kefir, and nonfat Greek yogurt.  I think I ate the cleanse recommended oatmeal just once- who has the time?  I passionately long for my morning coffee, but have been good- drinking green tea and chai roobios instead.

I have one more week of trying to remain in the "cleanse" spirit.  After that I will be rocking my New Year's resolution of "Eat and drink with purpose".

Here's my menu for the week:


Sunday
Moroccan-Style Lentil and Chickpea Soup with Lamb and Roasted Tomatoes, Caramelized Cumin-Roasted Carrots. (Straight from the cleanse.)
Monday
Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry, Brown Rice Pilaf, Salad with Miso-Lime Vinaigrette
Tuesday
Leftovers
Wednesday
Sake-braised clams with Baby Bok Choy, Soba Noodles (Hopefully a celebration meal from a successful interview!)
Thursday
Greek Chicken Kabobs with Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Tomatoes, Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Friday
Sirloin Steak, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Happy eating, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment