Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday! (And Happy Birthday!)

Not only is it Monday- but it's a very important birthday!

‎"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr. (February 25, 1967 - Los Angeles, Calif.)
Love that quote.
So, let's all take a moment to remember a great man who paved the way for advancement of all civil rights.  Let's respect those rights which we've won in this country and remember those rights which many citizens still fight for today.

As for me and Monday, this week is off to a pretty decent start so far.
Well, except for the actual start.  Back pain right from the get-go, argh.
I used my foam roller, did some healthy alignment yoga, used my roller, and then rocked the P90X back and biceps work out.  Then I used my foam roller again.  I'm feeling much better now.  Still yearning for a massage, though.  After some digging through my insurance benefits I discovered that massage can only be utilized at the same time as physical therapy.  Which makes no sense to me... why would I need both?
I'm hoping that an increase in core strengthening exercises (currently at 1-2 times per week) and yoga (P90X once per week, flow/healthy alignment once per week) will give me some relief without having to start in on my high medical deductible.
I started my day with some oatmeal dressed up with flax, chopped pear, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.  My post-sweat snack was a blood orange Chobani.  Not my favorite flavor- but it hit the spot and gave me a nice helping of protein to replenish my aching arms.  Planning on a salad for lunch with some canned salmon or maybe some sardines.  Dinner (as seen on my meal plan) is delicious kheema spiced ground beef.  Can't wait... although I am running low on tomatoes for toppers.  Dommage.
So, great workouts and a healthy meal plan for the day.  The only thing left to do is to be productive.  Haven't gotten a great start on that, yet.  I did, however, call on an interview for another social work position.  Looking forward to scheduling it- Mama needs a new resistance band.
Start your week off right, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment