Sunday, January 1, 2012

WFDW- 2012 Cleanse Edition

How's everyone doing after the frivolities of New Year's Eve?  Kevin and I kept it low-key and stayed home for our celebration, indulging in ribeye steaks, mussels in a lovely butter-wine sauce, garlic bread, Parisian salad, and rosemary-garlic roasted red potatoes.  We watched movies and shared champagne kisses at midnight.  It was exactly what I needed after the hectic Christmas holiday.

Yes, please.
It was a wonderful meal to say goodbye to 2011 and hello to my two week cleanse.  I covered all of the cleanse no-no's yesterday: Caffeine, alcohol, simple carbs, artificial sweeteners, huge portions, and naughty fats.  I look forward to going without after so much delicious indulgence.

Last year I did the Bon Appetit Food Lover's Cleanse.  It was pretty damn difficult- the ingredients were hard to find, the meals took a long time to cook.  There was a lot of preparation that went into everything.  It's hard to plan each and every meal in a day, let alone stick to a dinner plan.  So, this year, I'm using the Cleanse Guidelines as inspiration, and rocking my own menus.

Bon Appetit

Note on the following menu I specifically state the veggies- sometimes I just imply that we're going to have a salad or cook some peas and it never happens.  I'm planning to incorporate vegetables and fruits into each meal, have at least one salad a day, and really stick to the correct portions.

Sunday
Chicken Fried "Rice" (I'm actually using quinoia), Asian Salad with Miso-Lime Dressing, Steamed Baby Bok Choy
Monday
Lemon-Garlic Trout, Lentils, Roasted Zucchini and Mushrooms
Tuesday
Cider-Glazed Chicken Breasts with Apple-Fennel Salad, Brocolli Rabe with Chili-Garlic Black Bean Oil
Wednesday
Pumpkin Shrimp Curry, Leftover Lentils, Leftover Brocolli Rabe
Thursday
Pork Chops with Red Wine-Grape Sauce, Roasted Butternut Squash, Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
Friday
Maple-Cayenne Salmon, Salad, Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Are you making any 2012 adjustments? What are your thoughts on cleanses? 

No comments:

Post a Comment