Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Foodie ABC Survey

This evening's procrastination is brought to you by Leila over at Spinach and Skittles.  Thanks Leila!  Despite the fact that I have finally been called in for jury duty tomorrow after being in limbo for the past couple days, I am awake and blogging in bed with a snoring Spartacus.  Why?  Because my hubby is on a conference call in the other room and I miss him.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Anywho, moving on.... the ABC's of food for Kara:

A is for Apple: What’s your favorite variety?
Fujis.  Specifically, Fujis from Trader Joe's.  I like it when the feel and smell of fruit is as natural as if you had picked it yourself.  I bought Fuji apples from Winco last week.  Blech.
B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type? 
For sandwiches, either Italian Herb and Cheese from Subway, or a nice honey wheat.  For just eating: What kind of bread would you call the breadsticks from Olive Garden?
C is for Cereal: What is your favorite kind currently? (just one!) 
I don't eat too much cereal (the carbs!  just kidding....) but my favorite is cinnamon toast crunch.  Yes, I'm nine years old.
D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?
Mama taught me well: Maple bars all the way.  Also, I have a thing for sprinkles.
E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?Fried.  In butter.  Over-easy.... thrown on top of a nice piece of buttered toast.  Mmmmmmm.... needless to say I don't treat myself to this preparation often.
F is for Fat Free: What is your favorite fat free product?I don't eat too much fat free stuff- most of the time it doesn't taste like food.  Once Kevin picked up fat-free feta.  Disgusting.  I do enjoy Fage yogurt for smoothies, though.
Boooo!
G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?Costco, Trader Joe's (Mostly for Cafe Twists, hummus, and Fujis), and Raley's, a California chain that I turned to when Safeway produce irritated me one too many times.
H: is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?Oregon Chai with Soy Milk (Vanilla Soy Milk, if you've got it!).
I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping
I'm currently dreaming of some Cold Stone Creamery... Cheesecake ice cream with cookie dough mix-in... which is sort of a topping.
K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product?
Meh.  Their cereal is okay.  I like their crackers.
L is for Lunch: What was yours today? 
Leftover homemade meatloaf, a bit of brown rice, carrots, and a salad with feta, strawberries, and red wine vinaigrette.
M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Popcorn, hands down.
N is for nutrients: Do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
I've never really thought about it.  Probably fats/protein.  Love my omega-threes, that's for damn sure.
O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?
EVOO fo sho!  That's my new saying... I hope you like it.  I'm trying to use more walnut oil, though.
P is for protein: How do you get yours?
Peanut butter, various meats, a small amount of beans, and nuts.  Not a big tofu household.
Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?Cooked with almond milk with walnuts, flax, and some sort of berry, drizzled with a hint of (real!) maple syrup.
R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast? 
Broccoli, garlic, butternut squash... oh, and big hunks of meat.
S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?
"Can I share with you my worldview? All of humankind has one thing in common: the sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.--Liz Lemon"
This chick knows what is up.
My favorite is Roast Beef with all the veggie mixin's, mayo, and mustard.  If I'm making it myself I'll put on some horseradish sauce.  Hungry...
T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?
If we're roadtripping and we can stop for a bit, we usually get Subway.  It's cheap, it has veggies, and it's quick.  Other stand-bys are the charbroiled chicken salad from Carl's Jr. and McChickens... because they are delicious.  To avoid gas station impulse-buys I stock up on snacks from Trader Joe's... baked salty treats, fruit, string cheese... etc.
U is for unique: What is one of your weirdest food combos?
Hmmmm.... I put Tony's Creole Seasoning on darn near every food, especially leftovers.  That's about it.
V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?
None usually.  I'll pop a multi after a night of drinking to help ease a hangover, but I take too many pills to have to think about adding in others.  What I should be taking is a calcium supplement, Omega-3's, and maybe some B.
W is for wasabi: Yay or nay? 
YAY!  Now I want sushi... sushi or sammiches.... hmmmm....
X is XRAY: If we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
Salmon burger with basil aoili, mini tots, pinot grigio... oh, and a couple squares of pomegranate dark chocolate from World Market.
I love all their dark chocolate varieties...
Y is for youth: What food reminds you of your childhood?
Tater tot casserole, chicken fried steak, and fried chicken.  My arteries were well clogged by age 10.
Z is for zucchini: How do you prepare it?
Roasted, sauteed, or baked into a delicious loaf of harvest bread.

Well, Kevin is done for the evening, time to go to bed!  Good night blogger world!

No comments:

Post a Comment