Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leila's green monster smoothie!


Leila's green monster smoothie. Her's turns a much prettier color of green... I think that's because I added more strawberries. I love that my breakfast has spinach in it!  I subbed in a cup of fat free Greek yogurt instead of using whey protein powder.

Recipe:  Leila's Green Monster Smoothie

  • 1-2 Cups of Spinach
  • 3/4 cup Tropical Fruit Medley (I used frozen pineapple and frozen strawberries and a fresh mango)
  • 1 Scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (again, I used Greek Yogurt)
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
  • Water for consistency
Leila also recommended added chia seeds, which she talks about a lot on her blog... but other than that I had never heard of it or seen.  I hear they are omega-three-a-licious.  Next time I will, more than likely, add some flax seed if I can't find these magic seeds that Leila throws into everything.
We just bought a brand new blender with an awesome name- The Ninja!  I killed my old blender making peanut sauce for my chicken satay (Nom).  This blender is amazing- you could not have guessed I was blending whole frozen strawberries!

As always, please visit Leila's blog if you're interested in running, fashion, and generally trying to live healthy:

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment