Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wonderful day!

Today is looking like one of the best days I've had in weeks!

I woke up at 7 and I actually wasn't tired! Then I spent a few hours working on my thesis without any annoying hand/wrist pain. I still have a bit of a headache, but who wouldn't have one after 3 hours of reading and typing? If this continues to be a thing I'll make an appointment with my eye doctor. I think I'm due to be checked out anyway (Plaquenil and your eyes sometimes don't get along well).

I went to PT today. Since nothing in particular was bothering me today Don just worked some knots out of my neck/shoulders and ran me through some stretches. Then I got in the pool and actually got a workout! I did mostly arm stuff with a few minutes of deep-water work (all while chatting with Mary about eating naughty food while on vacation). It's amazing how much strength I've lost these past few weeks. As a result, I'm now tired. But it's fantastic to be tired because I DID something. Yay!

So, here is my mantra for the next couple weeks while I get back into things:
Don't get discouraged!
and
Don't over-do it! (I'm bad at this one!)

I REALLY wanted a burger for lunch but I resisted. Instead I had the SmartOnes Savory Steak and Ranch flatbread. It was no burger but it was pretty tasty. Six points for those of you watching those things.

I'm off to take a quick cat nap with Spartacus before diving back in to my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment