Friday, July 23, 2010

2nd day of working out!

I'm super proud of myself. I only did 30 minutes but I think it's great. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical doing the cross-training reverse mode and then 15 minutes on a bike. I took one of my thesis research books with me. I've found that one of the largest barriers to me going to the gym this past year was that I would tell myself I should spend that time doing homework. I'm doing my best to ignore myself when I talk myself out of getting exercise.

One of my favorite post-gym meals (when I go to the gym I do two small breakfasts) is half a whole grain and flax English muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. I realized this morning that there are 200 calories in that meal. Kinda crazy! Stupid peanut butter. But, I have to keep in mind that my metabolism was increased from working AND I did burn 250 calories. I'm still only at 450 for the day.

I'm also planning to do a bit of housework today which, according to my wiii fit, counts as exercise. Hell, maybe I'll even take out the wii fit. I can't remember the last time we used it. I don't like it because it makes me sad when it tells me I haven't used it in awhile, I've gained weight, lost some balance, etc. Also, it makes this little "oh!" sound when you step on it. Not cool.

So, should I start using that thing or not? I've purposely not been weighing myself to keep my self esteem up. I've beeen feeling good about myself, that's all that matters....

,...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment