Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ugh...

I'm super tired today. I slept in, as I have been for all of this flare, but I still wake up and need coffee and a shower to get me moving at all.

I had physical therapy at 9:30 this morning. Don tortured me by working knots out of my legs and arms. It's quite painful. He says that it helps to be loosened up and it allows blood to flow easier. Whatever. He had an intern with him today who tried guessing my disease based on my symptoms. I even gave him the butterfly shaped rash hint and he still had to go look it up. He's only in his first year I think Don said, so I'll cut him a bit of slack.

The pool was hard. Before PT my legs (hips and knees) were tired. Then Don did his PT-ing to my legs and the felt like jello. I did about 30 minutes in the pool, using the easiest tools to add resistance. The worst was doing anything with my legs. I ended my session with a soak in the hot tub and some stretching.

Today will be day two of steroids. Two or three hours after I took my pill yesterday I became really nauseated and then I got really, REALLY tired. Supposedly the side effects will go away as I continue with the treatment. We'll see.

The rest of the day is dedicated to thesis work and resting my legs so I can make dinner tonight. Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema (Cooking Light) is what's on the menu for the evening. I'm thinking a Hungry Girl Margarita will pair well with it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me of LUPUS DISEASE his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered LUPUS for over 12 years with pains like: Achy joints, Skin rash, Pain in the chest, swollen joints and many more. The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t help, until I read about his recommendation 4 months ago, I contacted him and he administered his medication on me and I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his medication. You too can be cured if interested. Contacts: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com
    (+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)

    ReplyDelete