Friday, October 8, 2010

Quick post!

Let me start by saying that I wrote this entire post yesterday.  Then something happened and it all went bye-bye.   It was supposed to be quick because I had a ton of homework to do before class today.  So then it went away and I didn't have time to re-write it.

Now it's Friday and I'm taking the evening to relax before I go crazy on the huge pile of homework that needs to be done.  So, here we go again.

The big flare that I thought was coming never came.  I was a bit achy and tired but functioning was still possible. I went to physical therapy yesterday and I had a decent workout.  Like I said, I was tired, but I still felt that I had accomplished something by getting into the pool and doing some work with the "dumbbells".

You know... I think I'm going to go ahead and say it: I'm proud of myself.  I do what I can to stay in shape.  I've been rockin' my shape up shoes and walking extra whenever possible. I've also been consistently counting calories on my new smart phone.  I'm averaging between 1500 and 1700 a day.  I think if I keep it up I may continue to lose small amounts of weight at a time. Maybe I'll be able to fit into those dress pants I bought last year before the car accident.  (One can always hope, right?)

Also, I'm pleased to announce that Mr. Cyst has left the building!  Yay!  Sometimes I think going on the Lupus Foundation message boards makes you a bit paranoid.  Tons of women seem to have polycystic ovarian syndrome... or whatever it's called.  A couple women have had to have their ovaries removed.  It's frightening.  Anywho, I'm glad that drama is over with.

Did I mention that we've decided to throw a Halloween party?  It's basically a terrible idea, but I've already sent out the Evite.  I'll have to clean the house and everything.  Kevin and I are going to dress up, too!  He's going to be a magician and I'm going to be his rabbit.  Cassie says it's going to be adorable.  I usually trust her on all things costume-related.  We're going to make some sangria and some appetizers.  I hope it goes well.  I've got a few "yes" RSVPs and a couple "maybe" responses.  Cross your fingers for a successful and not-overcrowded party.

Weekend plans: Cleaning, homework, class on Sunday (boo), bicycling (hopefully), and Kevin owes me some frozen yogurt (for not eating the candy at work).

No comments:

Post a Comment