Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ugh.

I just discovered that I've posted using that title before.  I'm totally okay with that.  Does anyone want to make something of it?  No?  Good.
First, and most importantly, I'd like to say a word of thanks that my brother-in-law is okay.  He was in a car accident today and his car is totaled, but he was not injured.  I'm glad someone was looking out for him.
Now, to break the seriousness, I have a spider bite on my ass.  I noticed it yesterday and my frustration was immediately followed by panic when I remembered that last year what I thought was a spider bite on my ass turned out to be Shingles.  Hopefully, this will not be a repeat.
You'll notice that this post is lacking pictures so far.  You're welcome.
I finished up my steroids last night.  I don't think they worked, but I'm not willing to continue them/increase the dose.  My sore throat/difficulty swallowing was getting on my nerves.  I also read something interesting (when I was making sure that my side effects were common and I wasn't going to die)- you're not supposed to have grapefruit while you're on steroids.  Something about how it increases the potency.  I love how I got this news right when grapefruits went on sale and I bought three of them for ninety-nine cents.  Eh, screw it.
I was nice and responsible today for my diet.
Breakfast
Smoothie of almond milk, banana, fage, and a spoonful of nutella.  The nutella did nothing.  I was quite disappointed since it added 100 calories.  We live and learn.
Coffee with Peppermint Mocha CoffeeMate (I got it on clearance as it's not the season anymore.  Yum!)
Post PT Snack
Apple Pie Larabar
Pre-Lunch Snack (I was in a snack mood today, shush)
1/2 cup blueberries
Lunch
6 pieces of veggie-only, brown rice california rolls.  Can I just say that this is impressive for me?  I bought a thing of california rolls at Raley's before work.  They have around 16 pieces in each package.  Normally, I would eat the whole package.  Because I lack self-control and junk.  Not this time.  Go me!
Afternoon Snack (See above.  Shush)
Rye Crisps and Mediterranean Hummus
Dinner
Oven-roasted Broccoli
Quinoia
Honeyed Chinese Chicken Breasts

I'm also working on a cocktail.  When I feel like I'm getting a UTI (which is quite often... thanks, Lupus!), I mix up a nice UTI Cocktail.  Pure cranberry juice, vodka, and diet 7up.  Yes, you're supposed to refrain from alcohol while you have a UTI, but when you get them as often as I do, you need to have a drink.  Or two.  Tonight I mixed it up a bit (heh, just got there was a pun there) and added a splash of peach schnapps.  It was almost delicious.
Work felt a bit long today and my hands, hips, and back did not appreciate all the sitting and typing I was doing.  As such I'm a bit cranky today... which is why I don't care that my blog lacks pictures for the day.
I am still hurting, though, with a definite lack of energy.  As suck, my progress on my homework, thesis, and my disgusting apartment is minimal, if it all.
So, for now I'm going relax with the remainder of my UTI cocktail.  More in a day or so on that whole making friends BS.
What kind of things do you let slide when you're feeling like crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment