Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 6- How it actually went.

Yesterday was crazy hectic.  I only had one meeting to go to at work.  So, I slept in an extra hour, did some yoga, and was about to make my poached chicken breast for lunch. Then, I found out that the transportation for my clients fell through and I needed to go pick them up from school.  So my two hour day turned into a five hour day.  I really wasn't able to stick to the diet.

Breakfast
Almond-banana smoothie with kefir and yogurt    The first time I had this smoothie it was just bananas and almond milk.  It wasn't very filling. Thius, the addition of 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1/4 cup kefir.

Lunch
Leftover Beet Soup with Avocado  My avocado was disappointing.  The beet soup was "meh".

Rye Crackers with Almond Butter


Mid-Afternoon Snack
Arugula salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette   I felt like I needed an extra dose of veggies.
Dinner..... The only meal I actually stuck to!
Bulgur Pilaf  This took a long time to make but it was pretty good.  Next time I'm using ground coriander.  The whole seeds were weird to eat.

Poached Eggs    I fried it instead.  I liked it right over the pilaf.
Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower   I just love the simplicity of roasted veggies.

Evening Snack
2 Tangerines and 1 Ounce of Chocolate      Nom.



It might not have been by the book, but I kept it pretty healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment