Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's For Dinner: Post-Cleanse!

Happy menu planning day!
This is the first week of not being on the cleanse... even though I wasn't super good towards the end.  I wasn't feeling too hot one day- which called for eating a bag of popcorn.  Not the worst comfort-food splurge I could do, but I still felt guilty.  I also broke my "no liquor" rule after a very long day of volunteering.  That gin and tonic was pretty delicious, though.
So, I'm adding in small amounts of dairy this week (should I do provolone or Swiss on my steak sammies?) and a bit of processed food. I'm also happy about the return of Costco chicken Sunday.  After two weeks of the cleanse I've been cooking A LOT.  I'm excited to have a break.  All the while, I will be eating and drinking with purpose- good food, intentional drink pairings (hello, margaritas!).


Saturday
Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sunday
Costco Chicken Sunday!
Roasted Veggies
Monday
Kheema Spiced Ground Beef with avocado and tomato
Tuesday
Chicken Pho
Wednesday
Egg Foo Young  (Thanks, Kevin @ Closet Cooking!)
Thursday
Spiced Eggplant
Source: Bon Appetit 
Quinoia Salad (From the same recipe, replacing bulgur with quinoia to make it gluten-free)
Friday
Fish Tacos (I found gluten-free breaded fish!)
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Hungry Girl Margaritas

What are you excited to make this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment