Monday, July 18, 2011

Career versus Lupus

That title is a bit misleading.  I feel like it implies that I'm currently making that choice.  Thankfully, the economy is doing my choosing for me at the moment- there are zero jobs out there in the child welfare arena.  I have the option of looking to non-profits- but it wouldn't go towards my stipend debt plus the pay is kinda iffy.
My current week involves three days of volunteering per week for a CPS agency.  This is a very happy balance between working with my kiddos and working on me.  I've been squeezing in two physical therapy/water therapy appointments per week and (when I'm not flaring, as I am right now) extra exercise of yoga, walking, and my exercise bike.  Because of this, I've been getting stronger.  I've noticed, even as I'm feeling now, that my joints are more supported and my back and neck have had less pain.
This nice balance has left me wondering what my future holds-  are there part time positions with CPS?  From my browsing it would appear that I'll have to get out of the bureaucracy.   I'll have to say goodbye to the mountains of paperwork (oh, no!), but I think it may be the decision that's best for me and my family in the future.

How do you balance career versus lupus?  Do you work part-time, full-time, or not at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment